HOW TO LEVERAGE THE EVENTS MANAGEMENT PROCESS WITH SCALA MOBILE APP
How do you like visiting different events? No matter which exactly you have in mind. It can be a football match, a basketball game, a concert, or a festival. You name it. And how do you like the idea of not only attending these but something a bit more interactive? With just a tap on your smartphone, you become a part of a massive community of like-minded people who actively participate in the daily life of their favorite clubs or music bands. Even more so, you can get rewards for being an active supporter.
Therefore, our team was elated with the news to join forces and work on the Scala-based iOS and Android mobile applications for events management that bring the sphere to a brand new level. When the client approached us, he has already had the basics; however, as the application development started back in 2017 and stopped a year later, we had to give it a second shot with the newest techs. Thus, the Agiliway team is helping the client to bring the platform back to life and improve it to the greatest extent. We will lead you through the current custom software development stages and processes.
KEY FEATURES AND STAGES OF THE EVENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM UPDATES
To get down to work following the client’s requirements, the software development team had to perform the following stages:
- Updating to the latest version of the technologies for the custom software development utilized
As mentioned before, the mobile application development started in 2017 and paused after one year; therefore, the whole system and its libraries were outdated. The app utilizes the Scala programming language as the core and is flexible and compatible with most frameworks and technologies. Thus, the first and utmost requirement was to update it to the latest version.
2. Improvement of the Admin Panel
The Admin Panel is one of the key features in the application since it controls the whole operating systems. The task was not only to upgrade the Admin dashboard to the latest version but also simplify the Admin experience while introducing new data or manipulating the available ones. The access to this panel is performed via C-panel, which is a separate application that allows event managers to communicate with the users registered in their organizations. This part of the platform is the place where Managers send notifications, questionnaires, or any other forms related to the events management process.
3. Enhancement of the identification system for the users and events/clubs
The identification system for each event or organization in the app is different from those used today. To avoid confusion, users register separately for every organization or activity they are interested in and receive news and notifications from the specific event within the logged registration.
4. Creation of templates for different types of events based on the industry they belong to.
For the platform to duly perform its primary function, we developed the events templates feature to enable Managers and Administrators to add content to the app and test the interaction process between them and their users. These templates go way beyond the simple forms with dates or time; they contain details of the chosen event, the most recent updates, and notifications. This form lets conducting live communication during a game or a concert as well as afterward.
THE SOFTWARE SCOPE BEHIND THE SCALA-BASED APP
When it comes to programming language choice, Scala may be viewed as not much popular these days as it used to be a few years ago. However, the application backs to 2017, therefore the language option is undoubtful. Scala has numerous advantages that our team successfully utilized to provide the best custom software development solutions. The scope of technologies used throughout the project include:
- Scala is the platform’s core; it is flexible and powerful for interoperations within the system, compatible with other technologies and services;
- AWS services are applied for the project’s data storage as these are secure and convenient, can be accessed from any part of the world. For instance, Amazon S3 is used since the DevOps part of the platform is enormous, and the S3 is suitable owing to its outstanding UI/UX; it is cost-effective and adjustable; it easily interacts with popular frameworks and technologies;
- React for the UI components, as well as user interfaces and C-panel for the events management control.
- to transmit the data from backend to frontend, the JSON is utilized with the PostgreSQL database;
- improved is the Ruby-based CMS for an online shop which is a monolith system that has its separate database and communicates with all the application features
- Braintree payment system for completing the in-app purchases
The whole text you can read on our website.